Account Managers at Savage are a primary point of entry for the client. They are considered subject matter experts for each of their clients. Account Managers are responsible for client retention and growth. This will be accomplished by focusing on client satisfaction, account planning and strategic upselling. The Account Manager’s primary goal is to ensure projects are executed flawlessly throughout the agency process.
- Continuously look for upselling opportunities and ways for Savage to add strategic value within each account.
- Work closely with creative and strategy leads to prepare strategy/creative briefs and initiate projects with cross-functional agency teams.
- Take a proactive approach to understanding client’s business goals, marketing objectives, and competitive landscape.
- Contribute to weekly, monthly, and annual client insights and reports; lead client status meetings.
- Coordinate and manage multiple client projects at once, working with all agency disciplines.
- Work with the assigned business development person to ensure new client needs are met, deliverables are defined and work is transitioned to appropriate agency teams.
- Nurture and maintain strong active relationships with key client stakeholders at both senior and mid-management levels and ensure client satisfaction.
- Steer and manage client expectations.
- Monitoring not only the satisfaction of clients, but also the success of campaigns, demonstrating return on investment whenever possible.
- Foster the Savage brand through networking.
- Account Supervisor 5 to 7 years minimum working in an account role on either the client- or agency-side
- B2B experience.
- Experience in the oil and gas/energy sectors is preferred.
- Must be results-driven with a strategic marketing awareness and an ability to oversee many competing tasks and deliverables in high-pressure situations.
- Proven time management skills.
- Diligent work ethic. Must be self-motivated and have the initiative to get the job done.
- Excellent listening, negotiation, presentation, written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong consultative approach, persuasive, personable, charismatic.
- Ability to lead day-to-day client relations, and to work with management, business development and multifunctional teams to respond to client needs.
- Have a professional demeanor and approach when handling complaints, criticism or input from clients with strong personalities.
- Possess the desire and initiative to become a subject matter expert for each assigned client.
- Multichannel media experience (traditional, digital, social, etc.)
- High proficiency of the Microsoft Office suite. Macintosh knowledge preferred
BA in Marketing, Communications or related field is strongly preferred
Savage is a branding agency that helps companies develop and sustain leadership positions within their industries.