The Marketing Strategist position requires a breadth of integrated marketing and communications experience to create marketing strategies and plans for brand launches, promotional campaigns, events and other marketing initiatives. The ideal candidate will have direct experience creating marketing programs for companies in the manufacturing, industrial, technology, energy and professional services industries and will understand the dynamics of sales and marketing in a B2B organization.
Develop marketing strategies and plans for clients and for Savage:
- Will be expected to conduct client interviews and facilitate brainstorms with client contacts and Savage team as part of discovery and strategic process
- Must be able to determine client needs and opportunities and create business requirements and plans
- Will be expected to present recommendations and plans to clients in roundtable and formal presentation formats
- Assist with proposals, thought leadership content and other marketing collateral to support Savage’s brand communications and business development efforts
- Strategic engagement with clients to provide marketing recommendations. A mix of traditional and digital marketing experience for mostly B2B companies. Management of marketing and communication plans with other key team members at Savage.
- Annual strategic/marketing plans
- Branding launches: internal and external strategies
- Digital marketing: emails, social, search, websites, mobile, etc.
- Development of annual strategic plan deliverables including some or all of the following:
- Secondary (online) research
- Primary research – conducting surveys and interviews
- Data analysis
- Objective planning
- Communications planning
- Report writing
- Formal presentations
- Developing briefs and communicating strategic objectives to internal team members to ensure projects are complete in alignment with strategy.
- College degree required
- 5-7 years hands-on experience in the field of marketing. B2B marketing preferred.
- Must demonstrate understanding of marketing principles, strategic plan development and have proposal/plan writing skills
- Ability to clearly articulate thoughts and ideas
- Proven ability to think innovatively and creatively
- Expected to take initiative and work well in a high energy, team environment with multiple clients, projects and deadlines going on at the same time
- Strong interpersonal and relationship building skills
- Strong focus on quality
- Candidate must be proficient in Microsoft Office
- Knowledge of Apple Keynote and Adobe InDesign is preferred