Leads client engagement(s), overseeing the agency team and serving as the senior point of agency contact for the client. Develops integrated approaches for meeting clients’ business needs and addressing challenges and assures all work meets strategic, budgetary and timing requirements. Agency accountability for profitability and growth of engagement.
- In-depth understanding of client’s business
- Uses a holistic approach to identify solutions for a client’s business (i.e., integration)
- Leadership role in the following areas:
- Strategy: Strategic direction of business, from a brand, internal communications, advertising, marketing and overall business perspective. Works very closely with SMEs
- Brand: Partner with Creative/SMEs to define creative direction and brand character. Work together to maintain brand consistency over time
- Team: Ensures that individual team members feel valued. Highly sensitized to the team dynamic, ensuring that it is positive, productive and a fertile environment for creative thinking across disciplines. “Never willing to let another team member fail.”
- Keen situation analysis
- An awareness and understanding of client politics, client culture & individual client personalities. Actively considers potential client reactions to certain moves prior to acting.
- Ability to see business situations from a variety of different perspectives (e.g., how would the CEO think about this or the Advertising Director or the Marketing Director?)
- Can read the “white space” (i.e., the ability to piece together the nuances of a particular situation).
- Expert Agency Management
- Overall, considers success of agency as well as success of account.
- Strong understanding of fiscal commitments and responsibilities
- Responsible for proper management of all aspects of account.
- Actively provides recommended solutions for any client issues that arise
- An awareness and understanding of how any given situation will impact the agency. Expected to manage up aggressively to ensure that no issue is a total surprise to management. Seeks permission from management for any riskier maneuvers.
- Can represent Account Management at new business functions/meetings
- Proven ability to perform in new business meetings
- Expert team-building
- Deeply trusted
- Powerful motivator
- Mentor extraordinaire
- Risk-taker/not afraid to make mistakes
- Bachelors’ Degree
- Minimum of 10+ years’ experience in account service or project management on either the client- or agency-side preferred
- High proficiency of the Microsoft Office suite
- Macintosh knowledge preferred
- Adobe Creative Suite experience is a plus
- Workamajig experience a plus
At Savage Brands, we believe every organization can and should be a force for good. We see a world in which those who thrive are those that value people before profit.
SAVAGES consider these behaviors critical to achieving our mission: SMART • Respect business • Ask better questions to get better answers • Speak up and add to the conversation • FRESH • Seek different perspectives • Stay curious • Bring outrageous ideas to fuel change • HUMAN • Choose kindness • Share your passion • Deliver experiences that WOW • Give praise and admit mistakes