Align, Activate and Report on ESG Efforts
Stakeholders are pushing organizations to make environmental, social and corporate governance (ESG) changes to solve our most pressing challenges. If you want to effectively integrate ESG into your culture and brand, take an approach rooted in purpose and focused on aligning communications with experiences.
Why Take This Approach
- Drive ESG efforts further, faster
- Add value to and differentiate your brand
- Create deeper relationships with all stakeholders
- Provide accessible and robust ESG reporting and information to investors, indexes and other critical stakeholders
- Make a positive impact on the world
What We Offer
We support ESG communication and activation efforts with an integrated and holistic approach. We connect an organization’s purpose and values to its ESG narrative so that it is authentic to the company. We help companies activate ESG efforts within their cultures and operations so that ESG becomes embedded in the organizations’ DNA. And, we provide compelling, modern and fresh design for print and digital sustainability reports to showcase hard-earned results and build up brand reputations based on impact.
All ESG efforts need to be connected to the company’s purpose and values to succeed and be authentic. In our Foundational Statement Discovery offering, we work with leadership teams in a workshop setting to devise “foundational truths” from which to create compelling stories, make strategic decisions and measure impact. These core organizational principles include a purpose, which is supported by mission, vision, values and behaviors statements. Aligning ESG efforts to a purpose and values helps you to mobilize internal support, to gain the credibility, reputation, and differentiation you seek, and to build trust with all those counting on you to make a change.
We help you build consensus, buy-in and engagement among key stakeholders by effectively communicating your ESG commitment and helping lead internal change management communications from a purpose perspective. We like to think about “activating” ESG within a culture, because while there are many traditional communications approaches (think of the proverbial poster on the wall), communications in itself doesn’t ensure adoption or the right behaviors to make ESG initiatives successful. We provide strategic communications planning and execution to successfully guide cultural transformations as they relate to ESG issues (i.e. core values embodiment, safety, diversity & inclusion, human capital management, etc.).
Developing a sustainability report is not for the faint of heart. It requires internal cohesion, an understanding of GRI standards, material relevance of ESG issues to your business and clear objectives about what the report will achieve. Savage helps you effectively communicate your ESG commitment and results in both print and digital sustainability reports. We can help you report to GRI standards and meet the requirements of reporting in today’s world. We work with companies that are just getting started and those that are ready to take their reports to the next level.
- We have 47+ years experience creating internationally recognized and award-winning annual reports, sustainability reports and corporate communications for public companies. We also have an extensive track record working with C-suite, investor relations, QHSE, corporate communications, ESG consultants and legal departments on messaging, shareholder letters and sustainability narratives.
- We have a 10-year alliance with an ESG consultant who helps companies develop their ESG frameworks, determine materiality and craft their approach to ESG efforts, measurement and communications.
- Our CEO currently serves on the advisory board of the Energy Environmental Social & Governance Council (EESGC).
- Our work acknowledges the importance of stakeholder interdependence within your company. We help our clients address multi-stakeholder needs and accessibility with our recommendations and design approach.
- We are a purpose- and values-oriented firm, both in how we manage our company and in how we guide our clients’ work. It is clear that all ESG efforts must connect to purpose to be considered authentic. We can support companies in formulating purpose statements and aligning brands and communications to this “why.”
link between doing good and doing well is a natural step in corporate accountability. The response to
our integrated report was especially strong from employees, both in terms of the numbers
reviewing the online report as well as feedback. This group remains a focal point for awareness
of the integrated report in our communication plans."