Bethany Andell featured on “The Modern Leadership” Podcast
Listen to Bethany's conversation on conscious leadership and building a culture on purpose on the The Modern Leadership podcast.
ML83 – Get Your Head Out of Your Bottom Line with Bethany Andell
Top Takeaways: Get Your Head Out of Your Bottom Line with Bethany Andell
- An adventurous foodie
- Where do you go if your company wasn’t founded on purpose?
- What do you do when your purpose gets lost in a changing culture?
- Be committed, with intentionality to your value set
- Be intentional about who you bring on to your team
- Is your purpose a poster on the wall or the NorthStar of your company?
- Culture does impact the bottom-line. Consider the cost of replacing a lost employee
- Business school will be shifting to more of a purpose foundation approach
- Profit is important, but it is the outcome, not the lead
- Is profit a pushing indicator or a pulling indicator?
- Savage thinking- start with clarity on your purpose and develop a plan to execute
- Savage thinking creates efficiencies
- To build a great business- you must do a lot of boring things well
About The Modern Leadership Podcast with Jake Carlson
The premiere podcast for today’s leaders. Are you ready to amplify your leadership superpower? Each of us has a leadership superpower that makes us great. The five basic categories are accountability, confidence, problem-solving, adaptability, and enthusiasm. They give us an advantage at work and in our careers. Every week we amplify those superpowers through stories of success and struggle including interviews with industry experts; those who have walked the walk and now assist on our journey.
Read more on JakeACarlson.com where you can also take a free assessment to determine your leadership superpower.
As President at Savage Brands, Bethany is known for forging powerful connections – connecting people to people and connecting companies with the fresh ideas that make their brands purposeful. In her recent book, "Get Your Head Out of Your Bottom Line and Build Your Brand on Purpose," Bethany conveys to business leaders the importance of leading with purpose.